At A Smooth Move Removals, we see people moving every day, we even offer a pack and unpacking service, so we like to think we know a thing or two about moving.
We’d like to share with you some moving hints and tips that you might find handy.
- Keep clothes on their hangers when packing. You can talk to our Gold Coast removalist team and hire or buy one of our large porarobes, this way you keep your clothes in pristine condition and unpacking becomes a lot easier. On a budget? Why not leave the hangers on and place your clothes straight in a box or bag?
- If you are renting make sure you take date stamped pictures of any cracks, dents or chips in your home, so you can prove that the damage was there prior to you moving in. Taking these pictures will ensure that you get your bond back.
- Use bubble wrap, old newspaper or buy some tissue from A Smooth Move Removals to protect your china.
- Labelling your boxes is important. Always label your box on the side so that when they are stacked you can still read what is in them. In addition to labels, colour coding boxes makes it easy to work out what box should be in which room.
- Make sure you redirect all your mail.
- Don’t forget to defrost your fridge freezer to avoid any unpleasant smells.
- Put all your important nuts, screws and bolts in separate zip lock bags and keep in one easy to find place.
Hints for a smooth move
The removalists at A Smooth Move Removals are here to make your Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast or Brisbane move as smooth as possible. Call 07 5574 5945 and speak with our team of removalists today.