Moving Office can be stressful time, trying to coordinate everything so there as little disruption to your business is important.
Our removalists have come up with a checklist of things you should consider when moving offices.
Two months to move checklist
- Appoint a go-to person in the office that will coordinate the moving process.
- Organise what space is in the new office space and how your existing furniture will fit in. Do you need to buy or sell any of the existing furniture?
- Find out if there are any power points, IT ports and any additional power or data needs that you have and schedule any cabling that’s needed.
- Pick a move date and ensure both offices are prepared.
One month to move checklist
- Organise boxes for the move.
- Pack anything that is not being used.
- Declutter where possible.
- Keep employees up to date so they can pack their belongings.
- Confirm all IT needs and access requirements again.
One week move checklist
- Get all IT requirements installed in the new office.
- Confirm all the professionals such as; cleaners, removalists, IT installations, electricians, internet and power providers etc…
- Continue to pack what you can into boxes.
- Get A Smooth Move Removals to take care of all your office furniture.
- Set up workstations; speak to your employees about assisting with getting the office set up and back on track.
- Ensure the cleaners are cleaning the old office once it has been emptied.
- Ensure all the power, cables and data are working.
- Enjoy a celebratory drink with your staff!
After all the stress of moving why not enjoy a celebratory drink with your staff. You’ve done it and you’ve moved.
Our removalists work tirelessly to ensure that you get a smooth move every time, so be assured that downtime is minimised should you choose A Smooth Move Removals. For all your Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Brisbane office removal needs call 07 5574 5945.